[GWINETT] Buford, GA
Located in Gwinnett County, along the southern edge of Lake Lanier, Buford incorporated on August 24, 1872. The original developers of the area, Thomas Garner and Larkin Smith, named the town after Colonel A. S. Buford, the president of the railroad that ran from Atlanta to Charlotte, NC.
The city is home to the Buford Artists Colony, where more than 30 artists make and sell art, pottery, jewelry and furniture in the shops of Main Street Buford.
Last updated on Dec 12, 2018 11:27:am.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
© 2018 Georgia MLS. All rights reserved.